Age UK job seeker event (4 Oct).
Helping you to secure your next job and make a new start.
A one-off exclusive event for job seekers aged over 50 in London on Tuesday 4 October 2011.
Age UK and PwC are running an event exclusively for people over 50. We aim to help you to improve your employment prospects and make informed decisions about your future career.
Morning session: arrival from 10 am.
From 10 am to 1 pm experts from Age UK Training and PwC will be offering an insight into:
- Engaging with the modern labour market and how jobs are now advertised.
- Preparing impressive applications and what happens once they are submitted.
- What’s needed for a successful interview.
- Ways to make a positive impact when meeting an employer and how to sell yourself.
- How a mature professional overcame the age-related barriers facing him after being made redundant.
Lunch will be provided.
Afternoon surgery: 1.30 to 3.30 pm.
Our afternoon surgery will give you the opportunity to talk directly to an actively recruiting employer in an informal and confidential setting and ask any questions you may have on:
- CV development.
- Live job searches.
- Making speculative applications.
- How to optimise the skills you have.
If you have a CV that you would like to improve, then bring it along with you – or we can help you create one. We would like to see as many people as possible at this free, informal event.
The event is being held at:
1–6 Tavistock Square
Numbers are limited for these great sessions, so book your place for the morning session or afternoon session or both by phoning 020 3033 1388 or emailing email@example.com .